Wednesday 29 August 2012

Just a quick one..

In one hour the Paralympic Opening Ceremony will begin and I don't know how to feel..

On the one hand I'm so happy for all my friends who are there taking part, and so excited to see them compete and hopefully bring us home some medals..

But on the other hand.. I'm feeling this gut wrenching churn in my stomach and struggling to hold back the tears already, feeling jealous and upset that I'm not there.

I so wanted this to be my year, competing, experiencing the electric atmosphere that so many people are talking about and yet now I'm not even there to watch. I guess I'll just have to grin and bare it, and try to enjoy watching my friends having the time of their lives...

I know I sound bitter, but I'm not really, I genuinely wish them all the best of luck and will be routing for them all.

Let's go GB!! *wipes away a tear* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment