Tuesday 24 July 2012

Losing my right arm :(

Apologies for the lack of a blog yesterday but as I came home from the last day of my course, Dan had taken both the iPad and the laptop (to give me an excuse to go and see him at work later on) but it ended up not being possible for me to go, because of something that was going on with his client. Obviously it's all confidential so I won't say anymore on that.

Today started off as a normal Monday morning, I was at hospital then I had to take Mum to Tesco to do the weekly monotonous shop. Then as we arrived home, so did Dan which was awesome as I hadn't seen him since half past seven Sunday morning. Then this is where the day got difficult.

One of my best friends in the world is moving away on Thursday. It's a long and complicated story between the two of us, we started off as friends from being very young as our Mums are best friends, then we hit puberty and ended up going out for a couple of years, had a very nasty break up and didn't speak for five years and then now we are best friends again and I couldn't imagine life without him. When we started being friends again he lived and went to Uni in Chester, where I used to go down and see him quite often and stay over with him, but then he dropped out and moved back home. To be perfectly honest I think I saw more of him when he lived in Chester as I would go down and spend a full few days with him whereas here its easy to say "oh we'll if you've only got an hour or so we'll leave it until tomorrow", and then tomorrow turns into a week.. We've rather neglected each other in recent months, but ours is one of those friendships where we both know that the other is there if we are needed.

A few months ago, in fact it could be shorter than that, I'm not sure, he started visiting a friend in Swansea. He spent a lot of time down there and then I saw on Facebook they had become an item. Of course I was happy for him but straight away alarm bells started ringing in my head that it might result in him moving away.. And I was right. He's got a job down there and now he's moving on Thursday.

Dan and I went to see him today and I was a little annoyed at him as he'd asked to see me but then also asked if I'd help him move some of his things, I got a bit miffed as I felt he only wanted to see me when he needed something - I realise I was being petty, I think it was just because I'm sad he's going. Anyway, we went to have a drink with him and we had a laugh but it just made me realise that he's not going to be there anymore. I know he's only four hours away, but that's a big difference to round the corner or just an hour away. I'm going to make sure I see him again before he goes though, get as much time with him as I can.

As much as he might annoy me sometimes, I'm really going to miss him.


No comments:

Post a Comment