Friday 11 January 2013

My first cake of the year!

10.01.2013
 
 Today was all about the cake making! My favourite thing to do! It was for a friends 50th birthday and she's a big fan of my cake so I promised her I would make her a cake to remember. As you might remember, last year I did a chocolate course at Slattery's and my mum and dad bought me some of the equipment I needed for this for Christmas so with Cath being a big fan of chocolate as well as my cake I thought it was the perfect time to put them to use.
 
It took me most of the day to do it but I think that's just because I'm still getting used to the skills and equipment and things, I think once I've got the hang of it I could do some really nice work, and hopefully make some money in the process!

There's not much more to say really other than to show you the finished product and see what you think....
 
 I made the letters on acetate and them placed them onto the ganache so that I could get them a little thicker.
 
 And then the chocolate sides are made again, by drizzling the choclate on the acetate and then bending it around the cake, letting it set and then carefully peeling it off. Pretty effective don't you think? It's only my first try so I know it can be worked on, but practice makes perfect :)
 
11.01.2013
 
Today I had the house to myself this morning and I used it to the best of my ability, I did nothing. It was ace. I just pottered on my laptop, added some music, did a bit of chatting to friends on the phone and generally just enjoyed my own company. 
 
There was one thing that quite annoyed me tooday though and that was the fact an appointment that I had been looking forward to, has now been cancelled, due to other peoples stupidity. It was for the work programme, it's supposed to be helping me get back into work and I really was excited for it, to get something moving, you know? But they phoned me to confirm this morning and I double checked where they were located and to see how I accessed the building, to which they replied "through the double doors and up the stairs"... Ahh.. I replied by telling them I was a wheelchair user and her response was "Ohhhhh, are you? Oh." They do not have a lift and cannot 'cater' for me, so I had to phone the head office and find out where they do have a lift and now I'm waiting for them to rearrange for me. You'd think that a company dealing with getting people back into work after sickness would note down on the notes that the person was a wheelchair user wouldn't you? 

Oh well, it means I get to go and have a nosey around Media City on Monday morning instead now, while he's in a meeting, every cloud eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment