Monday 14 January 2013

Wow. Just wow.

12.01.2013

Les Misérables blew my mind.  I got home from the cinema last night and I just couldn't function enough to blog about it even though I was still so excited. I just sat there, holding a cup of tea randomly bursting out in song with Dan! 

I just can't explain how much it moved me. I don't think I have ever been as moved by a film before. It had me crying at least five times! During a three hour film, you usually get a little restless at times don't you, well I do, I'll start fishing around for sweets, or changing my seating position or something just to change it up a little, but during this film I don't think I took my eyes off the screen once! I couldn't, I was completely captivated. Anne Hathaway singing I Dreamed A Dream, actually melted my heart, to be able to sing so beautifully but at the same time make the audience feel so much pain is extremely talented. 

I am now on a mission to find the soundtrack to download so I can actually hear the professionals sing it rather than me singing it and making even my own ears bleed! I may be able to hold a tune but I am certainly no Éponine! Also, the cinema were giving out the movie posters, but I missed out and as I'm a little bit in love with Hugh Jackman, it made me very sad so I thought I'd find the images online and post them here so I can have a sneaky look every now and again!





 Also, something that I thought needed saying as most of the hype will centre around the big stars, I just wanted to point out how amazing the child actors were. I was so impressed by the little lad who played Gavroche, he was so cheeky but seemed so confident.. I would think he's one to watch for the future :)

13.01.2013

Today has been a lazy day, but an amazing day! Had a major lie in, til about half 11, had some breakfast and then went to the tip and to B&Q to look for something I need for a crafty idea I've had.. which then lead us onto a random trip to the garden centre, where we had far too much fun to say we were only in a garden centre lol!
Tonight was the best part of all... it's been snowing! Why is it that as soon as you see snow you turn into a five year old again?? I mean, as soon as we realised, Dan and I were out throwing snow balls and then decided to go for a drive up to the hills because it's always so pretty up there in the snow. I took my camera, and yes I know I haven't stuck to that New Years resolution but I finally used my camera for the first time this year! I've not sorted the photos out properly yet but here's a couple for you to see (as proof we actually have had some snow!) 





Then when we got home the amazing-ness carried on as we, again, couldn't stop singing Les Mis songs! I bought Dan the music score for Christmas and he and mum were singing along and the next thing I know, my flute is out and they are asking me to play! Bearing in mind I've not played since I left school, I was a little rusty to say the least! But I got there in the end and I fear it may have re-ignited my love of playing... We'll see, I've already had a look on Amazon for some flute books! Like I say, we'll see....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment